Churches and monasteries
The monastery complex of Zrze consists of the church “St.Preobrazhenie ", elevated in the XIV century and the church of St. Peter and Paul built in the XVII century. The concept of the foundation of the entire church complex, along with basic walls on the south side of the church St. “Preobrazhenie”, gives us the right to claim that the churches were built on the foundations of early Christian basilica. The original church is the nave building, arched with semi circular vault, on whose western side it is a raised porch painted in 1369. The porch was built at the time of erecting the church "St. Peter and Paul.
Immediately above the village Zrze, on a small hill there is the church "St. Nicholas”. The exact date of construction of the church cannot be reliably confirmed, although it is known that it happened before 1459. Before 1535 in continuation of the north side it is built a chapel and in XVII century each space received a porch of the west side. The church was painted by artist Onufrie in 1535, and frescoes received the altar in the chapel area and the western wall of the church by an external party. Among the most famous painters in the XIV century are the brothers John Zograf and Јероmonk Makarius, who made icons in the monastery Zrze. The well known work of Macarius is Mother Pelagonitisa.