The Centre for contemporary art from Prilepbeganits work in 1957 as Prilep Art Colony. The authors of this art colony, which has an international character, are Bosko Babic and Risto Lozanoski. In 1963 the activities of the Centre expanded with International sculpture symposium "Marble", in 1971 with the International Studio of plastic in wood, in 1984 with the International studio for sculpture in metal and in 2002 with the International Studio of plastic in plastic. Today, all these studies operate under a common name "Art Workshops of CCAP", and are held in the summer, as a part of the “Summer art of the Center for contemporary art in Prilep”. In the past 52 years CCAP visited many well known names from the country and the world and gave the center a number of artworks.
Many of these works are presented on the open gallery in the city centre and some of them are in the institutions in Prilep and Macedonia.